WIP Critique- Character Animation

While considering both my perspective and the comments I received from other students, I think that my cycle animations and my choice of colors are the strongest aspects of my animation this far. To begin, the quality of my walk and jump cycles is strong. My animations are smooth and realistic, and they portray the confidence Link is supposed to portray at the beginning of the animation. In addition, my color choice was also a strong aspect which helped develop my setting and plot. Starting off with ink's bright, saturated yellows and greens, my scene emitted a lighthearted video game feel. Then, the change in lighting from bright to dark and somber evolved the meaning of the scene and created tension and a switch in mood. These elements play an essential role in making my animation pleasing and conveying the ideas and themes I intended to convey.
On the other hand, I feel that both my perspective and the comments I received emphasize how I can make the plot and my intention clearer and stronger. So far, I have implemented few principles of design as I haven't utilized my camera yet. As a result, little emphasis is drawn to the actions and scenes that are important. Moreover, my scene and actions are bland so far. Because this is a work in progress, my cycles are not fully animated in relation to the environment, and my environment is simply a blank floating island with hills. I plan to fix this by adding more details such as groups of grass and possibly flowers. If i work to fix these elements, my animation will be of a much higher quality.
Finally, I received several questions from those who commented on my animation. To begin, I was asked how the actions and the colors will develop the story. I plan to use Link's actions to contrast confidence with fear as the story goes on, and I intend to use the lighting and the colors of the environment to change the mood of the story from lighthearted and peaceful to uncertain and suspenseful. In addition, I was asked what Link's goal was. In my story, Link's goal is to display how he is ready to serve his land whenever needed. This will begin by him simply living his life in a carefree manner by then promptly taking action when met by a concerning sound. Through this animation we will see Link's interaction with his environment and how he is the savior of the land, the one the land trusts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Surface Modeling

Lina's Robot Arm Animation