Robot Arm Critique Reflection

I feel that I incorporated lighting and advanced technical aspects well in my robot animation. I typically struggle with making my scenes too dark or allowing my lighting to remain stagnant, but with this animation I improved my lighting. I used a spotlight to emphasize my robot, and I transitioned from this emphasized lighting to darkness. In addition, I challenged myself well with technical aspects, in specific through using a liquid modifier and rigid bodies in an active animation. This process was difficult to apply, but in the end I successfully made the liquid in my animation move as the glass moved.
I feel that I can improve on my creative elements and my camera movement. As pointed out by Mr. Bomboy, my camera actions were for the most part basic. Aside from one dynamic elevated long shot, my camera was set at an establishing shot. This stagnant perspective provided no mood development, and as a result I was not using camera movements to their full potential. Moreover, my scene lacked creativity and detail. The story was basic, and the only dynamic objects present in the scene were the robot and the glass of liquid. This made the plot of my animation flat and less interesting than it could have been.

For my next animation, I can work on incorporating more deliberate creative setting choices and camera movements. In addition, I could use detailed textures to add depth to my scenes. This will develop my art and its themes more. On the other hand, I believe my strengths are in the incorporation of light as an emphasis technique and the use of unfamiliar technical aspects. I will employ these strengths in my next animation by using a significant contrast between dark and bright scenes. In addition, I will experiment with more physics, such as rigid bodies and cloth modifiers. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Surface Modeling

WIP Critique- Character Animation

Lina's Robot Arm Animation