Thumbnail Sketches: Pendulum

I made 4 thumbnail sketches entalining possible settings for my pendulum pocketwatch animation. I will proceed with the bottom right setting because of the themes it conveys. It’s dark, morbid, and slightly medical in nature, and I feel this mood corelates with the Halloween season that just concluded. The dim green lighting and cracked wood will emphasize how run down the setting is, and it will define the pocketwatch as a hypnosis watch instead. This creates mystery in the context of the animation that I want to include.
I will incorporate this setting through several means ranging through modeling, texturing, lighting, and camera and frame work. To begin, I will model the bed in the background as well as the appendage which carries the stopwatch. Next, I will use and bump map erie, realistic, and detailed  textures for the bed, wall, and floor. I will contrast this with the shiny, clean metal on the appendage and the stopwatch itself. Moreover, I will use a combination of dim green lights and a normal, bright white light mixed ito the scene to give a creepy mood to the scene. Finally, i will add a slight vignette around the edges, cause the camera to slightly rotate and imitate a handheld camera, and i will blur some of the background elements to create emphasis on the project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Surface Modeling

WIP Critique- Character Animation

Lina's Robot Arm Animation